Today I wanted to share with you my Spring Inspired Makeup Look. Bronzed Skin, Pink/Nude Lips & A Shimmering Eye! I have posted photo’s of all the products that I used, along with the end result! I hope you enjoy :) Here we go..
- As ALWAYS, to begin with I exfoliate my face. For this I am using the Creighton’s Perfectly Clear Purifying Facial Scrub. I apply a little bit to a cotton wool pad and then work it into my skin.
- My next step is MOISTURIZER! A key element in my Makeup Routine!! For my moisturiser, as always I am usuing my Tesco’s Hydrating Night Cream for Sensitive Skin/Tesco’s Hydrating Night Cream with Cucumber Extract. I use both of these products all the time! I mainly use the one for sensitive skin (as I have sensitive skin) and it works wonders for me!
- My next step is primer & foundation. I always use a primer & as I said in my ‘All About That Base’ post, I have only ever tried one primer & I love it! But I got myself another to try, and so that is what i’m using today! I’m using the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer which I am really liking so far. It’s more liquidy than my ‘Stay Matte’ primer, but so far so good! For foundation I am using one of my favorites, Rimmel’s Lasting Finish Foundation is my main foundation that I am loving at the moment. I apply this with my Real Techniques Stipling Brush & it works wonders for me! I didn’t do any colour correcting today as this
foundation is full coverage & I was wearing concealer so I didn’t see the point! :).
- CONCEALERRRRRRR! One of my favouriteparts, I have no idea why! Unfortunately as you can see in the photo above, my beauty blender broke! :( I was cleaning it and squeezing all of the makeup out of it & I squeezed a little bit too hard and I pulled the end off! Gutted is not the word. So I deffinately struggled with my concealer today, I used a pointed synthetic brush today, which just wasn’t the same as my beauty blender! But I managed. I used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 for my blemishes & Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair for my under eye area and to highlight my chin & forehead!.
- To set everything in place I used George Get Set Mineral Pressed Powder for my concealer, and Rimmel’s Stay Matte Translucent Pressed Powder to set the rest of my face. To apply this I found a big fluffy powder brush in B&M’s that was £1.99. I thought I would buy it just to see what it was like, and the main thing that drew me in was the sheer size of the brush. This is what I have been using to set my foundation and I love it! For £1.99 it is a complete bargain, it is so soft on the face and it doesn’t apply the product heavily. I thought I just had to share it with you guys! I will explain more when I get round to my favourite brushes post!.
- This is another favourite of mine! Contour, Highlight, Bronzer & Blush. As you can see, I only have one Bronzer/Contour , simply because I use the same thing for both! This is my Sleek Makeup Contour and Highlight Palette in the shade 884 Light. This is the only thing I use for powder contouring at the moment, it blends so nicely, its a good colour for my skin type, and that highlighter!!!!! It’s a beautiful pink/peach/pearl colour and it is so intense, its just lush. For my blush I use Collection Blush in Cheeky. This is my favourite blush at the moment, it is a matte blush and I applied it after my highlighter, so that my skin looks glowing. I applied my Contour to the hollows of my cheekbones, my forehead and my jawline. I applied my highlight to the tops of my cheekbones, my cupids bow & above the arch of my eyebrows. I applied my blush to the apples of my cheeks and blended it up and away to nothing :).
- Next up is my Eyebrows! I cannot move onto my eye shadows until my brows are done! I’m a bit of a Maybelline Junkie when it comes to brows! I begin by brushing my hairs in place then I go in with my Maybelline Brow Satin in Medium Brown. I use the pencil end to sculpt my eyebrows & then occasionally I use the powder end just to fill in any little gaps. I then go in with my Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown and that completes my brow routine!.
- EYES! yay, another favourite! For this eye look I am using my w7 In The Buff: Lightly Toasted Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Palette which is amazing! My absolute favourite palette at the moment. It consists of two matte transition shades and ten gorgeous shimmery shades. For this look I used three different shades; Teddy Bear, Wonderland and Cracker. First of all I
applied ‘Cracker’ all through my crease bringing it right to the inner corner. I slowlyapplied more product, to create a deeper crease. then I applied Wonderland allover the lid and really packed it on, then went and blended it into ‘Cracker’. Next I took ‘Teddy Bear’ and applied it to the inner corner and the brow bone as a highlight! Lastly I took that same ‘Cracker’ shade and blended it into my lower lash line to balance everything out!Next I went in with my eyeliners. I used Rimmel’s Eyeliners in Black and White, the black shade I used for the rims and waterline of my upper lash line,and the white shade I used for lower waterline, to make the eyes appear larger! I then went in with my current favourite mascara, George’s Curl Me Mascara from Asda! It is amazing quality for money, it gives my lashes great volume and I am just loving it at the moment!.
- Finally! I always finish with lips, for this matte lip I used MUA Cosmetics Caramel Noughart Lip Liner this is my favourite lip product of LIFE! It’s my perfect nude, it’s so creamy and its a colour I would happily wear day & night! I love it, and I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a matte nude lip!.So that is everything I used for today’s Spring Inspired Makeup Look! & This is the final result…