So here we have my final part to my best of beauty 2016! If you missed my other two posts, I have my best of beauty for the face and eyes already live on my blog if you’re interested! I have decided to split this one up into categories much like the other two posts, but I will pick my top lip glosses, liners, lip sticks etc and share with you my favourite formula more than my favourite shades. I have incorporated swatches of my top lip colours however at the end of this post in case you were wondering what has been my favourite shades to wear throughout 2016. Let’s jump on in…
I am a huge fan of lip balms as my lips can be incredibly dry and cracked. This year I have found my all time favourite lip balm, which doubles up as my favourite lipstick topper as I love the finish it gives when you layer it on top of lipsticks! I am talking about my Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. I love how shiny this makes your lips but is really comfortable and nice to wear. I slather this stuff on at night time and then dab some over my lipstick or liner to make any lip colour more comfortable or give it a really nice shine.
I definitely have a favourite lip liner formula, and I actually own all of the shades of these lip liners as I love them so much! They are the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners. I recently bought more shades and topped up a couple of my old shades and it hasn’t gone unnoticed that they have changed the tip of the pencil, instead of having a slanted tip they not have your standard retractable pencil which I don’t mind I just prefer the alternative. I love these lip liners however as they are so pigmented, so easy to apply and increase the longevity of what ever lip stick I put over the top. They have a great shade range and all around they are just great. And affordable! I have actually been using a couple of the shades as eye liners too and they are honestly the best things ever to put in the water line! They do not move!
Okay, here come the fun part! I think that if I had to pick just one brand of lipsticks that I absolutely fell in love with it would definitely have to be my Mac Lipsticks. I feel like it is so cliched to talk about Mac Lipsticks but they honestly have the best formula when it comes to lipsticks especially mattes, and the best colour range. I own the shades: Snob, Honey Love, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Mehr, Please Me and Ruby Woo and I get good use out of all of these shades. I would love a few more of course, but I could live with just Honey Love and be a happy girl for the rest of my life. What’s better than a nude hey?
Okay, so having only tried lip cremes from 3 brands, this one was pretty easy to narrow down. I most definitely have a favourite when it comes to lip cremes but I also find that they are all nearly the same. My favourite lip creme ever is the Makeup Gallery Pout Matters Lip Colour. I am not sure if this is the only shade as 1) it doesn’t have a shade name and 2) it was the only one I could find but this is actually from poundland!! It is the exact same as the Nyx or Collection matte lip cremes except this colour is the PERFECT nude. I have been wearing it non stop and I just love the shade of this! It lasts a really long time too which is great!
Okay, so as you all know I have been trying out a few different liquid lipstick formulas recently, but I am still pretty new to them. I do however have to give honorable mention to my Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lips as they are truly amazing and I have more shades coming through the post anytime now! I just love the formula, the long wear, the colours and the comfort of them! I have a full review here if you want to find out more and see how they wore throughout the day!
This one was pretty easy for me and if you read my blog especially around the summer time then you would know exactly which gloss I am about to talk about! The Tanya Burr Lip Glosses are the absolute best glosses I have tried. They smell like watermelon, are so comfortable but have major shine, they aren’t sticky but still wear for a decent amount of time too. I just love these glosses and I often find myself reaching for them!
Top Lip Shades For 2016!
Like I mentioned at the start of this post, I have talked about my favourite formulas when it comes to lip products, now it’s time to share with you my most loved and most used shades! I have a very colourful arm right now and I am completely loving it! There is something so calming about swatching I cannot quite get my head around it! I am going to number my swatches and type a little about them just so that you know what is what and I don’t have to add the tiniest little writing on the photo haha!
- Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Day Dream. My top nude lip gloss that I put over any lipstick but mostly worn over the next shade!
- Lipstick Queen Hang Ten Lipstick. A super nude with a creamy finish. Great for every day wear, really really comfortable.
- Mac Honey Love. My all time favourite nude shade ever.
- Makeup Gallery Pout Matters Lip Creme, the perfect beige/brown nude especially for fair skin!
- Jeffree Star Posh Spice Velour Liquid Lip. A super cool toned 90’s brown but I can’t get enough of this shade!
- Limnit Lipstick Extraterrestrial Lipstick Tube, a very very deep dark brown but so beautiful and has a gorgeous demi-matte finish.
- Soap & Glory Lipstick in Super Nude. A complete dupe for Mac Kinda Sexy but smells better in my opinion haha!
- Collection Matte Lipstick in Coral Pop, my favourite shade this summer and the boldest shade out of all these swatches.
- Mac Mehr. This is my favourite shade for when I want to go vampy but no too vampy, has a really nice purple tone to it and would look great on loads of skin tones!
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick – Mon Jules 430. A gorgeous berry shade but it isn’t too vampy, it has a brightness too it.
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Tulle. You have seen this shade non stop over the last month or so, along with the next shade. I cannot get enough!
- ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Love Bug. The nicest deep red shade and will look great on everyone! This is probably my most used over the last couple of weeks and I love it!!
There we have my best of beauty lip products! I hope you enjoyed this post and you enjoyed the rest of my best of beauty. Until next time my lovelies…